Skip to main content

Bigger Issues - Wrinkle Free Shirts

Ok, ok, ok. First off, this is not a political entry. I really don't care if you are for or against the recently passed health care bill. I am hoping that we can move on and US Government will have the time to address another serious issue plaguing this great country:

THE WRINKLE FREE SHIRT ISSUE

As I have mentioned in a previous post, I've been dressing somewhat better these last few years. With dressing better, comes the responsibility of taking better care of my better clothes.

Let me state, for the record, I don't mind ironing. That does not, in any way, indicate that I love the task either.

So, enough banter. Here is the issue: I have purchased quite a few dress shirts in the last couple of years. I've been able to purchase some major label, high ticket shirts at amazingly low prices. I've also picked up some generic 'store brand' shirts.

As I was doing laundry earlier today, I noticed that the shirts that were originally the highest priced of the lot came out of the drier (still damp) with the most wrinkles. Two of these had 'wrinkle free' on their labels.You guessed it, these two were the most wrinkled.

Ironically, the two house brand Target shirts in the same load came out nearly wrinkle free. And for the record, they did NOT have any mention of being wrinkle free/resistant on the label.

This is not the first time I've noticed this. In my collection, without fail, the shirts with the highest retail prices wash up consistently more wrinkled and require the most ironing attention. The majority of them claim to be 'wrinkle free'.

This is an injustice. Congress, Mr President, are you listening? There needs to be some uniform labeling laws enacted to ensure such wrinkle free claims do indeed equate to wrinkle free shirts.

Thank you for your time. -jc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Texting While Driving

Recently, Wisconsin passed a text message ban while driving . There has been a lot of discussion on the dangers of texting while driving. On the flip side, CNN recently reported that cell phone driving bans don't work . As discussed in the first article above, Wisconsin already has a law that outlaws distracted driving, or “being so engaged or occupied as to interfere with the safe driving of that vehicle.”. A couple of months ago, a friend traveling from Minneapolis said something that made me think. He said that he'd never think of texting while navigating the streets of the Twin Cities, but while driving to Wausau he felt comfortable placing an occasional text. I agree. I've been on the road quite a lot lately. When I'm circling the state Capitol in downtown Madison, I would not think of texting, changing a CD, playing with my iPod or even answering my phone. There is just too much going on. Add snow, bad visibility and rush hour, it is clear: Pay attention and

Change

I seem to have been in flux for some time now. In November 2006, I decided to take a break from regular performances . Although I have returned to performing, I have not even approached the volume of gigs I left behind in 2006. Best yet, I don't care. I like performing, and it is fun again. I simply don't allow my performance schedule to control my life. July 2007, I downsized from a 2000 square foot town house to an almost 800 square foot former suite in an old hotel. I sorted through my life, and walked away from two thirds of my worldly possessions. It is amazing how much of our lives is spent collecting things that are really unessential and unimportant. It is also noteworthy that we spend a lot of time maintaining things we don't need. July 2008, I left my job of 18 years. Think about that for a second. My generation is noted for job hopping and lack of company loyalty. 18 years is a long time in today's era. I didn't leave because I was bitter (sure, there wer

Houses on the Move - Scott Street Wausau

Another of those situations where I was in the right place at the right time. The historic Marchetti and Nathan Houses moving past the Dudley Building [approx 1:15 am CST]: