Skip to main content

Open Schedule

The last two shows in active support of the "Out of Fashion" CD went well.

On Friday December 1st, Will and I played; on the 8th I performed solo (both at Mickey's). Although both shows featured some new material, my solo show started with 45 min of new, rare, and barely performed numbers. I have to admit, some went well, and I struggled on others. To be perfectly honest, I love the rush of having to think through a song....pure adrenaline.

On some levels, my stepping back is a 'long overdue' summer vacation. As much as I looked forward to taking time off, I am also looking forward to performing in the future. I can not stress enough, I'm taking a break -- I'm not retiring.

Creatively, I have a lot of new ideas and song fragments. The earliest I plan to record will be 2007, as I will take the rest of December to 'normalize' (whatever that becomes).

Last Saturday, I finally saw the band Down The Line. One of the singers is originally from Stevens Point. They are a mix of acoustic based pop/rock with a soul/blues influence. Great vocal harmonies. Ironically, the Point show was their final show of the tour, as they are also going to take time off before releasing their next CD....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Final Gigs at Scott Street Steak & Pub

I've tried to write this entry several times now. The first attempt came across as poorly written eulogy for a funeral. "She was a good Pub, lots of great memories. She will be missed." The second attempt was like a coach trying to rally the team together, "We've seen some great bands here, it has been an honor to share the stage. The Pub may be gone, but the music and memories will live on..." Rubbish. Much has been written about the way the Pub was closed down by CSI: Wausau. [To check out press/blog coverage, scroll down or click here .] All I have to say is that somewhere, someone could have picked up the phone and said, "We're closing you down at midnight, be prepared". I guess that would be too easy... it is a bigger statement to have officers enforce a vague interpretation of a licensing issue. By random chance, I was scheduled to play the last Thursday night the Pub was to be open. I knew from the outset, that this would be no ordi...

Texting While Driving

Recently, Wisconsin passed a text message ban while driving . There has been a lot of discussion on the dangers of texting while driving. On the flip side, CNN recently reported that cell phone driving bans don't work . As discussed in the first article above, Wisconsin already has a law that outlaws distracted driving, or “being so engaged or occupied as to interfere with the safe driving of that vehicle.”. A couple of months ago, a friend traveling from Minneapolis said something that made me think. He said that he'd never think of texting while navigating the streets of the Twin Cities, but while driving to Wausau he felt comfortable placing an occasional text. I agree. I've been on the road quite a lot lately. When I'm circling the state Capitol in downtown Madison, I would not think of texting, changing a CD, playing with my iPod or even answering my phone. There is just too much going on. Add snow, bad visibility and rush hour, it is clear: Pay attention and...

Citizen Wausau Now Open

It is a community project. It is a site about Wausau and Central Wisconsin. It is Citizen Wausau dot com. Take a look. I will be posting articles from time about the Wausau area. My first submission was originally posted here on Carlson's Corner. The fun thing is with a different reader base, there are a lot of interesting comments. Check it out.