Skip to main content

Hello from London

I'm near Paddington Station in London as I type this blog. I have purchased 1/2 hour of internet time for about 2 USD, and have less than 10 min to create this entry.....

Tomorrow, I will play an open mic at the The Green Note Pub in Camden. I discovered this gig through one of my myspace friends named Steph (Go ahead and check out her site at http://www.myspace.com/stephandshwepp). I am excited and somewhat nervous to play, as I do not know the format of the event (number of songs or time slots), nor do I know the way my music will be received. That is part of the fun.

I have great night shots of London and will post some at JimCarlsonMusicDotCom and Myspace when I get back.

Cheers from overseas!
Jim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Texting While Driving

Recently, Wisconsin passed a text message ban while driving . There has been a lot of discussion on the dangers of texting while driving. On the flip side, CNN recently reported that cell phone driving bans don't work . As discussed in the first article above, Wisconsin already has a law that outlaws distracted driving, or “being so engaged or occupied as to interfere with the safe driving of that vehicle.”. A couple of months ago, a friend traveling from Minneapolis said something that made me think. He said that he'd never think of texting while navigating the streets of the Twin Cities, but while driving to Wausau he felt comfortable placing an occasional text. I agree. I've been on the road quite a lot lately. When I'm circling the state Capitol in downtown Madison, I would not think of texting, changing a CD, playing with my iPod or even answering my phone. There is just too much going on. Add snow, bad visibility and rush hour, it is clear: Pay attention and

Houses on the Move - Scott Street Wausau

Another of those situations where I was in the right place at the right time. The historic Marchetti and Nathan Houses moving past the Dudley Building [approx 1:15 am CST]:

Corporate Sponsorship Fail - Honda Civic Tour

Last night (8-24-2014) The Honda Civic Tour appeared at the Eagles Ballroom in Milwaukee, WI. There were three bands on the bill: STRFKR (Starfucker) Portugal. The Man Grouplove Here's the thing: We found out about this gig from STRFKR's website and ordered tickets. When I printed them, I thought I ordered the wrong show, as STRFKR wasn't on the ticket. A Google search confirmed they were on the bill. Honda, apparently either didn't have a say in STRFKR's participation on the tour, or they didn't have the balls to associate themselves with it.  The irony is that, last night, Honda was mocked by the very audience they were trying to attract. Well, they won't put us on the sign, but we ARE PLAYING in Milwaukee tonight. 7:30 sharp! #fukhonda … http://t.co/byDOfXUx7u — STRFKR (@starfucker) August 24, 2014 Honda are assholes for not mentioning them at all but @starfucker killed it tonight. #hondacivictour #strfkrisbestband — Charles O'Conn