Skip to main content

James Returns

One of the most inspirational bands in my career is back. James the Band has reformed.

"Just Like Fred Astaire" and "The Shining" from my "Out of Fashion" CD were originally recorded by James.

In 2001, Roger Bardo (an original member of the Jim Carlson Trio, and clearly one of the best people I have ever had the opportunity to know) and I flew across the pond to attend the 'last' James performance at Wembley Arena in London.

Their UK tour sold out immediately, and new recordings are pending.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh god...I honestly had forgotten about James.

And honestly do not connect that in my head to your records
Anonymous said…
Interesting to know.

Popular posts from this blog

The Final Gigs at Scott Street Steak & Pub

I've tried to write this entry several times now. The first attempt came across as poorly written eulogy for a funeral. "She was a good Pub, lots of great memories. She will be missed." The second attempt was like a coach trying to rally the team together, "We've seen some great bands here, it has been an honor to share the stage. The Pub may be gone, but the music and memories will live on..." Rubbish. Much has been written about the way the Pub was closed down by CSI: Wausau. [To check out press/blog coverage, scroll down or click here .] All I have to say is that somewhere, someone could have picked up the phone and said, "We're closing you down at midnight, be prepared". I guess that would be too easy... it is a bigger statement to have officers enforce a vague interpretation of a licensing issue. By random chance, I was scheduled to play the last Thursday night the Pub was to be open. I knew from the outset, that this would be no ordi...

Citizen Wausau Now Open

It is a community project. It is a site about Wausau and Central Wisconsin. It is Citizen Wausau dot com. Take a look. I will be posting articles from time about the Wausau area. My first submission was originally posted here on Carlson's Corner. The fun thing is with a different reader base, there are a lot of interesting comments. Check it out.

Texting While Driving

Recently, Wisconsin passed a text message ban while driving . There has been a lot of discussion on the dangers of texting while driving. On the flip side, CNN recently reported that cell phone driving bans don't work . As discussed in the first article above, Wisconsin already has a law that outlaws distracted driving, or “being so engaged or occupied as to interfere with the safe driving of that vehicle.”. A couple of months ago, a friend traveling from Minneapolis said something that made me think. He said that he'd never think of texting while navigating the streets of the Twin Cities, but while driving to Wausau he felt comfortable placing an occasional text. I agree. I've been on the road quite a lot lately. When I'm circling the state Capitol in downtown Madison, I would not think of texting, changing a CD, playing with my iPod or even answering my phone. There is just too much going on. Add snow, bad visibility and rush hour, it is clear: Pay attention and...